- I am a freelance tutor and interpreter, next to my job in a bank in Cambridge, where I live.
I studied for my Integrated Master’s in French and Spanish at the University of Southampton.
I was born in Algarve, in the South of Portugal, and moved to England at the age of four.
- I previously attended Hills Road Sixth Form College in Cambridge, where I studied French, Spanish, Portuguese, Computing and basic Italian.
- University of Southampton: Merit Scholarship.
Hills Road Sixth Form College: All-round achievement and High achievement in Spanish.
- I really enjoy playing Ultimate Frisbee with my University’s Team, which gives me the opportunity to learn to be a better team player and improve my physical fitness.
I am also constantly trying to find new and better ways to live a more minimalist and sustainable lifestyle.
- I am happy to talk about most things, but I am particularly interested in films and tv shows. As a result, I like doing a variety of different activities as to interact with a foreign language in as many different ways as possible.
Kieran Thomas Bird
- I live in the Stratford-upon-Avon, Shakespeare’s birthplace.
- I got an Undergraduate degree at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland and obtained a CELTA qualification to teach English as a Second Language.
Currently working as a writer and director, with a feature film releasing this year.
- Since leaving drama school I have worked as an actor in some of the UK’s most highly regarded regional theatres including Chichester Festival Theatre and Pitlochry Festival Theatre.
- Film, Music, Literature, Food.
- I have Master in Music Performance and I have obtained full marks for my Undergraduate Degree in Music at the Northern Royal College of Music in Manchester.
- I currently live in Newmarket, the town of the horse races.
I work as an Opera singer and a singing and music teacher. I am a freelance beauty therapist and act in TV series.
- I recently won the Annie Ridyard Prize for Mezzo-soprano, was awarded the Alice Orrell and A&N Kendall Award. I also gained a place as a bursary holder for the Opera Awards Foundation 2019 and earned a place as a finalist in the prestigious Frederic Cox Prize which will take place this February.
I studied at the Junior Guildhall School of Music and Drama and also gained a place with the Glyndebourne
Since studying at the Royal Northern College of Music I have been cast as a named role in five of the college opera productions. I recently featured as guest soloist for the ArkEnsemble’s re-orchestrated works of Manuel de Falla.
- I enjoy cooking, going to the gym, going to the cinema with friends and exploring the world.
- Music, food, performing arts, travelling.
- I used to live in South London. I now live in Ely, near Cambridge.
- Qualified teacher of English and Drama and Film and Media Studies.
I work as Head of Film and Media Studies at King’s Ely and I am also a teacher of English and Learning.
I am the Principal Examiner for one of the English Language national exams.
Tutor/Teacher with Ely Porta for over ten years.
- Film watching and film making
Martial arts and general fitness, especially cycling
- Education, travelling, hobbies, comedy, almost anything except ballet dancing.
- I am originally from Finland, where I study for my Masters after living in Manchester and London.
- I graduated from the Royal Northern College of Music with a First Class Bachelor of Music degree in July 2018.
Next to my studies, I work as a singing teacher and an English teacher as well.
- In 2016 I was awarded the Freckleton Prize and the Doherty Cup for Singing at the Royal Northern College of Music. During my time at the Royal Northern College of Music I had the opportunity to take part in a lot of opera and concert performances, among which was a production of Gian Carlo Menotti’s opera The Telephone which I produced myself.
- Apart from being a passionate musician, I do yoga and exercise. I have always loved learning new languages, and at the moment I speak six, one of which is Italian!
- Music, culture, films, travelling and the world.